The Evergreen area is in the southeast foothills of San Jose and extends north toward Eastridge Mall; it includes a few zip codes – 95148, 95121, 95135, and a portion of 95138 (part is also “Santa Teresa” or “South San Jose”). There’s a lot of diversity in this region – the area in the flatlands near the Mall, Reid-Hillview Airport, and waterpark are more modest and affordable as compared to the areas further south where you’re more likely to see luxury properties (Hillstone, Bel-Aire, The Meadowlands, The Ranch, Silver Creek and nearby) . The pricier areas feature larger lots and houses and valley or hillside views set near the golf courses (Silver Creek Valley Country Club, The Ranch Golf Club, and the Villages Golf & Country Club).
In general, Evergreen is scenic and includes many newer homes and communities. Many people enjoy the relative newness of construction and whole neighborhoods which are young as compared to the rest of Santa Clara County and Silicon Valley as a whole. Home buying can be a bit easier and a breath of fresh air in this area, as you get a little more for your money here than in many parts of the south bay. While places in the western parts of Silicon Valley are at new highs in terms of pricing, the housing market is a little calmer in Evergreen.
Evergreen real estate market for single family homes or houses
Please find the full report on my Real Estate Report for the Evergreen area of San Jose.
|Trends at a Glance||JAN 2015||PREVIOUS MONTH||YEAR-OVER YEAR|
|Median Home Price||-12.8%||$760,000||$872,000||-7.2%||$819,000|
|Average Sales Price||-1.4%||$937,273||$950,537||-3.8%||$974,478|
|No. of Homes Sold||-25.6%||29||39||-14.7%||34|
|Short Sales Sold||-100.0%||0||2||-100.0%||3|
|Active Short Sales||0.0%||1||1||-91.7%||12|
|Sales Price vs. List Price||+1.1%||100.4%||99.3%||+0.3%||100.0%|
|Average Days on Market||+1.5%||42||41||+28.0%||33|
- Median home prices fell by 7.2% year-over-year to $760,000 from $819,000.
- The average home sales price dropped by 3.8% year-over-year to $937,273 from $974,478.
- Home sales fell by 14.7% year-over-year to 29 from 34.
- Active listings fell 29.7% year-over-year to 78 from 111.
- Sales price vs. list price ratio rose by 0.3% year-over-year to 100.4% from 100.0%.
- The average days on market rose by 28.0% year-over-year to 42 from 33.
Compared To Last Month
- Median home prices slipped by 12.8% to $760,000 from $872,000.
- The average home sales price fell by 1.4% to $937,273 from $950,537.
- Home sales down by 25.6% to 29 from 39.
- Active listings increased 4.0% to 78 from 75.
- Sales price vs. list price ratio increased by 1.1% to 100.4% from 99.3%.
- The average days on market increased by 1.5% to 42 from 41.
Altos Research charts of each zip code by price quartile for the median list price of single family homes (houses & duet homes):