Many Silicon Valley home buyers seek a great home with excellent schools and an affordable price – and I have just such a listing to present to you! Not only that, but additionally it’s located on a very quiet street (no through traffic), it has recently been updated and remodeled, and further, it’s on an over-sized lot!
- 3 bedrooms + small office or hobby room
- 2 baths – both recently remodeled
- hall bath features shower/tub combo & big skylight
- master bath includes stall shower
- updated kitchen with slab granite countertops, large skylight & breakfast bar
- living room offers cozy, wood burning fireplace
- family room open to dining and kitchen & offers back yard and patio access
- hardwood floors in bedrooms and under carpeting in hallway and living room
- house is appx 1233 square feet and lot is appx 7500 SF
- loads of natural light – sunny house!
- open, flexible floorplan
- 1 car garage, attached
- Room to add on to house, possible to make 2 car garage, and room for pool – many possibilities
Affordable Home in Alta Vista School Area!
This darling ranch style home is part of the Cambrian Gardens neighborhood which enjoys attendance at Alta Vista Elementary School. Alta Vista is in the town of Los Gatos and serves homes in both east Los Gatos and the Cambrian area of San Jose. Home prices for this school area range from the low 500s (for homes needing a substantial amount of work) to well over $1 million. The house at 5114 Nerissa Way, San Jose 95124 is offered at a very attractive $579,000. Relative to the Alta Vista school area and immediate Alta Vista neighborhood, this is extraordinarily affordable!
Schools of attendance & 2010 API Scores:
- Alta Vista Elementary School – API score of 938
- Union Middle School – API 892
- Leigh High School – API 817
Silicon Valley Gardener’s Delight!
Step into the back yard and be amazed at the space, the flowers, the quiet! There’s a sizable patio area with a trellis (and flowering vine) and built in bench. Move beyond that and find a world of beauty with a yard designed with a garden lover in mind. In addition to a nice lawn area, there are roses planted against the house, raised planter beds, a small greenhouse, a pond area with calla lilies surrounding it and every nook and cranny planted with some sort of flowering bush, annual, herb or tree, including fruit trees. Bulb plants and many others are ready to bounce into spring now that the heavy rains of March are past us.
Room to Expand or Add a Pool
Since the lot, and particularly the back yard, is so big, there’s room to grow here. It’s possible to add onto the back of the house, for instance, and still have plenty of backyard left. Or if your heart’s desire is an in-ground pool, there’s room for that too. This is the type of home and location where you’ll want to move in and stay for many years to come. It’s nice to know that it’s a flexible situation in terms of your future wants and needs.
Fabulous Location: Quiet Street, Los Gatos Border
Nerissa Way is a hidden gem in Cambrian Gardens – it’s tucked away, close in, but out of the way….It’s a 3 minute drive to the entrance of highway 85 but far enough for the location to be quiet. The grocery store, a large Safeway, is just a few blocks away or perhaps a 2 minute car ride.
This neighborhood is very close to the Los Gatos border and it’s a quick drive from here to King’s Court Shopping Center, Vasona Lake County Park and all the attractions of Los Gatos.
Want more information?
Here are a few more things you may want to know.
- We have an open house planned on Saturday & Sunday, April 9 & 10, 2011 from 2 – 4pm both days.
- The MLS # is 81114496.
- You can view a virtual tour with 49 photographs at
- I shot a walk through video with my flip camera a few hours before we went on the MLS. (Warning, not professionally shot, no tripod!) If you’d like to literally “walk through” the house with me, the video is about 5 minutes, 18 seconds long (about the same timeframe as the virtual tour). I’ll embed it below.
- There are inspection reports available: property/home, pest, roof, chimney. Disclosures should be ready soon. We are asking for any offers to wait until after April 10th, please.
A walk through 5114 Nerissa Way, house for sale in Cambrian Gardens neighborhood of San Jose
Enjoy my video walk through this great home for sale! Hope you will enjoy it and stop by our open house soon.