Willow Glen is perhaps the most charming residential area of the city of San Jose with its old style architecture, tree lined streets and quaint downtown area on Lincoln Avenue and nearby. For folks working in downtown San Jose, the Willow Glen area (roughly the same as 95125 zip code, though a bit of 95124 is included also) is extremely convenient. Values are up very substantially over last year, and up slightly from last month – somewhat atypical for the fall.
Click for the complete Willow Glen real estate report with all of the numbers, stats and trends from the closed sales of houses for last month. Further down in this article you’ll find the Altos Research charts as well.
|Trends at a Glance||DEC 2014||PREVIOUS MONTH||YEAR-OVER YEAR|
|Median Home Price||-8.6%||$986,750||$1,079,800||+9.6%||$900,000|
|Average Sales Price||-8.4%||$1,049,500||$1,145,790||+0.5%||$1,043,890|
|No. of Homes Sold||+2.3%||44||43||-6.4%||47|
|Short Sales Sold||N/A||0||0||-100.0%||2|
|Active Short Sales||N/A||0||0||-100.0%||4|
|Sales Price vs. List Price||-0.1%||100.3%||100.4%||0.0%||100.3%|
|Average Days on Market||+1.2%||33||32||-13.7%||38|
- Median home prices increased by 9.6% year-over-year to $986,750 from $900,000.
- The average home sales price rose by 0.5% year-over-year to $1,049,500 from $1,043,890.
- Home sales fell by 6.4% year-over-year to 44 from 47.
- Active listings fell 53.6% year-over-year to 45 from 97.
- Sales price vs. list price ratio rose by 0.0% year-over-year to 100.3% from 100.3%.
- The average days on market fell by 13.7% year-over-year to 33 from 38.
Compared To Last Month
- Median home prices slipped by 8.6% to $986,750 from $1,079,800.
- The average home sales price fell by 8.4% to $1,049,500 from $1,145,790.
- Home sales up by 2.3% to 44 from 43.
- Active listings dropped 31.8% to 45 from 66.
- Sales price vs. list price ratio dropped by 0.1% to 100.3% from 100.4%.
- The average days on market increased by 1.2% to 33 from 32.
The Willow Glen Condo market
And next, of Willow Glen condos: