My Cambrian area of San Jose Real Estate Report was recently published with the updated numbers from the closed sales last month for this part of San Jose (95124 and 95118 with a little of 95008 too). Please click on the link above to see much more information there. In Cambrian, we are seeing mild seasonal cooling taking place with slight month over month numbers – in many segments, it’s flat, and in others a mild increase or decrease in pricing – but still very decent year over year appreciation. Low inventory continues to make things difficult for home buyers. (Be sure to read to the end to see the live Altos charts too.)
Sales have been low because inventory’s been low – but you can see a slight uptick in the chart below.
- Median home prices increased by 12.1% year-over-year to $835,000 from $745,000.
- The average home sales price rose by 16.3% year-over-year to $874,054 from $751,658.
- Home sales fell by 39% year-over-year to 64 from 105.
- Active listings fell 49.3% year-over-year to 75 from 148.
- Sales price vs. list price ratio rose by 1.3% year-over-year to 104.5% from 103.1%.
- The average days on market fell by 24.2% year-over-year to 17 from 22.
Compared To Last Month
- Median home prices improved by 3.7% to $835,000 from $805,000.
- The average home sales price rose by 3.8% to $874,054 from $841,678.
- Home sales Down by 7.2% to 64 from 69.
- Active listings dropped 17.6% to 75 from 91.
- Sales price vs. list price ratio dropped by 0.8% to 104.5% from 105.3%.
- The average days on market dropped by 3% to 17 from 18.
Here is the chart version of the data:
|TRENDS AT A GLANCE||AUG 2014||PREVIOUS MONTH||YEAR-OVER YEAR|
|Median Home Price||+3.7%||$835,000||$805,000||+12.1%||$745,000|
|Average Sales Price||+3.8%||$874,054||$841,678||+16.3%||$751,658|
|No. of Homes Sold||-7.2%||64||69||-39.0%||105|
|Short Sales Sold||N/A||0||0||-100.0%||5|
|Active Short Sales||N/A||0||0||-100.0%||6|
|Sales Price vs. List Price||-0.8%||104.5%||105.3%||+1.3%||103.1%|
|Average Days on Market||-3.0%||17||18||-24.2%||22|