The Burbank neighborhood is conveniently situated in the Central San Jose district, close to Valley Fair, Santana Row, and downtown San Jose, as well as lots of medical care and two nearby hospitals. Great shopping and dining is close at hand.
It’s also very close to highways 880 and 280, making commuting in Silicon Valley more convenient, especially to downtown San Jose, Santa Clara University, Valley Medical Center, O’Connor Hospital, or anywhere along the 880 or 280 corridors.
- Homes in the Burbank neighborhood tend to be more affordable than most of San Jose and it’s more convenient than most places – those two are the major draws.
- The area is mixed with both residential and commercial properties and a good number of multi family homes as well as single family homes.
- The boundaries of the Burbank neighborhood vary from one source to the next and do not line up with those of the Luther Burbank Elementary School District. (A little sliver of that school district is part of the Buena Vista neighborhood and has the 195126 zip code).
- The Burbank neighborhood’s zip code is 95128
- Burbank San Jose is distinct from the City of Burbank in Southern California (a fun and interesting place to visit!).
Where is San Jose’s Burbank neighborhood?
The Burbank neighborhood is located north of Highway 280, mostly south west San Carlos (a little north of there), east of Highway 880 and west of Leigh Avenue (approximately). Different maps may show the borders a little differently.